Friday 5 August 2016

Rainbows try their best

The most unusual never-seen storm late last night.....
 constant thunder, lightening, rain....
but it seemed the noise didn't stop...
.the sky lit up constantly (not like usual storms where the sky lights up once in a while)
 and the rain was the less unusual of it all....
pouring down, surely doing its harm somewhere in town or in the countryside....
but this sky that kept lighting up and the roar of thunder....

Here, in this "creative" version of the storm....the sky is lit up as the rain pours down.
Photo taken from my balcony in Perugia Italy

Rain is fine, 
but usually in our summer months
 we don't have these storms that flood (often) 
and that even bring hail, ruining agriculture,
 destroying a lot and putting cities in "tilt".
BUT THEN THIS MORNING AT 6.44
Just to try to "do its best"...
.and to cheer people up
 who are concerned about 
this ever-changing weather.... 
not necessarily due to natural causes
Poor little rainbow...
made his appearance 
when most people were asleep in bed
 on a Saturday morning....
(I was up to check out the color of the sky, to see what tree branches perhaps had come off during the storm). 
He tried his best to cheer people up,
 just appeared too shortly, and at the wrong time of day....

and this stunning view as well, for those like me who got up early....this was taken before 7am this morning...
of the hills in the distance.

Unfortunately, there were a lot of calls for damage (already checked the news).
And the rain, this morning at 8am is continuing.

Hopefully Mr. Rainbow will be back with an appearance to cheer people up.
We all need it.

No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.