Thursday 18 August 2016

i Vinarelli at Torgiano, Italy where artists paint with watercolours and WINE

Each year in the beautiful town of Torgiano, not far from Perugia, Italy, there is a great event where painters paint with WINE!
It's called i Vinarelli, because in Italian watercolours is called acquarelli (done with acqua, water) but here they paint with vino so....Vinarelli!

It is great fun, lots of artists sit at a long table, actually several tables, have dinner and then paint. Any subject matter is fine. The public has fun walking around and watching, taking pictures and lots of wine is drunk that night. But mostly a lot of it is used to paint with.
Here are some photos from the evening:
My first watercolor painting with wine 
and watercolours



My second piece, where grapes are escaping the group
 Friend Moreno Chiacchera, well-known illustrator and cartoonist 




 Silvie Bèal, May of Culture of Torgiano 




No comments:

WHO AM I??

WHO AM I??
The best way to know who I am is to see what I create. Take a look at this blog or my other one regarding my art.

Double images....

Double images....
LOVE the double or triple image maker on my Nikon D80. Just set it, and then take two or three pics.

What's the weather like now in Perugia?

Cold one day, sunny the next. Cold in the house. But we still need our coats or lightweight ones or padded jackets outside. Chilly, and not sunny. I like it like this, no problem for me.